Inclusion Training is focused on delivering education and training to support the inclusion of people with a
disability in the community. We offer a range of face to face courses to meet the needs of our community.
Our online courses are aimed at people who are looking to learn more about how they can support a person with
a disability in our community.
22567VIC – Certificate I in Transition Education
Certificate I in Transition Education which provides learners who have low literacy and numeracy skills the opportunity to build confidence and better engage with employment, community, learning and personal domains. The focus of the curriculum is to enable learners to find the most appropriate options for them in the community while engaging in further training after leaving school. This may include employment, volunteer work or further study.
Read the Course Outline here
To be eligible for 22567VIC Certificate I in Transition Education learners must successfully complete a total of 10 units:
- 6 core
- 4 electives
Selection of electives must reflect the integrity and intent of the qualification.
Designed for school leavers, we offer a 2 year transition program which offers you education and training alongside daily activities in a structured group setting. This enables you to explore and trial community based activity options while gaining practical life skills and training, equipping you with the tools you need for a more independent lifestyle.
- Learn about the many options available to be involved in your local community
- Try out a range of volunteering, work experience, social & recreational roles in community organisations and local businesses
- Enrol and complete a Certificate I in Transition Education (22567VIC) with Inclusion Training (TOID: 6404)
- Become informed about topics such as self-advocacy, rights and responsibilities
- Gain practical skills for everyday living, such as using public transport, road safety, literacy and numeracy
- Share experiences with others who have already benefitted from living life their way
- Develop friendships and support for families by ensuring that a daily structure is in place
- Gain additional support from trained and individually matched volunteer mentors
Participants work towards completing the course over two years. At this time participants will also have a personalised schedule of activities and opportunities that connects them to work, volunteering or further education in their local community. Once you complete your training, we work with people to continue to build a meaningful life in the community.