We look after adults with an intellectual disability, from the age of 18 years old (or school leavers who will be 18 next year)
Those who have approved NDIS funding
The elderly and isolated, by providing a specific Community Visitation Service
*We don’t look after children under the age of 18
*We don’t service people in one day service location
We support individuals and families across Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, Australia.
We have education facilities in Sunshine and Malvern East, which may form a part of your skills development in a typical week
Many disability service organisations claim to provide Personalised support, although this is flawed & misunderstood amongst the sector; with only a few organisations truly providing a Personalised Support approach.
We’re also different for the following reasons:
- We work with you to create opportunities and explore possibilities
- Services are designed and tailored to fit you
- We focus on partnering to build and achieve a good life within local communities
- All of our activities occur in the home and community – the place where friendships and experiences are made
- We have the RTO, who are leading experts in disability education and skills developement
- We have a unique Community Support Team (Volunteers) service, compared to other providers
- We develop leading research, which is applied to the whole disability sector through our Designlab team
Supports that are personalised to you – a service that matches your needs as an individual
Personalised support means that we get to know who you really are and what really matters to you. Once we know who you are, we can work together to design a service that meets your individual needs.
Customised support arrangements are planned, supervised and coordinated by matching your preferences with your funds, and other personal and community resources available to you.
Inclusion Melbourne does not provide an off the rack service – every support arrangement we make, we develop from scratch, and is tailor made just for you
For more information about Personalised Support at Inclusion Melbourne, please click through here
Direct support is where we work alongside you to assist in achieving your goals.
This could be to learn a new skill, help set up a market stall, change a car tyre, learn to cook or practice reading. Direct support can be provided by a Disability Support Worker, another staff member of Inclusion Melbourne or a Volunteer. Generally on a 1:1 basis
Inclusion Melbourne is a registered Support Coordination provider
We assist people to implement their NDIS plan, and coordinate all of their NDIS supports
For more information on Support Coordination at Inclusion Melbourne please click through here
Plan Management is, in its essence, a financial intermediary function set up by the NDIA (NDIS)
Plan Management is one of the four options NDIS participants can choose to manage their NDIS funds:
- Agency Managed: The NDIA holds the funds and pays providers through the NDIS Portal. This is the most common option
- Self Managed: NDIS participants/nominees receive invoices directly (in arrears) & then are responsible for ensuring timely payment. They can either pay the invoice first & then claim reimbursement via the NDIS portal, or claim the invoice amount from the NDIA on the portal and then pay after receiving the funds.
- Plan Managed: A financial intermediary (i.e. an accountant or bookkeeper) manages the Plan. Providers invoice the Plan Manager
- A combination of the above
An overarching principle of the Disability Act 2006, is that people with a disability have the same rights and responsibilities as all other Victorian’s. Inclusion Melbourne’s policies and practices reflect the rights of people with a disability.