Leisure Buddy, Tutor and Project Volunteer recruitment documentation
Follow the steps below to complete and submit documentation required
Click on the green button and follow the prompts to:
- Complete the Volunteer Application form
- Read and declare your understanding of your Position Description
- Read and declare your commitment to follow the Code of Conduct at all times.
Note: when you submit, you will recieve three automated emails with the completed documents attached for your records.
A Community Support Coordinator will then contact you to arrange an interview.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) worker safety screen check.
Safety screening is completed after an interview. A Community Support Coordinator will advise when to complete this section
The NDIS WORKER SCREENING CHECK is new to Victoria as from the 1st February 2021.
The check replaces the requirement to complete a National Police Check and a Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme Check.
For an overview – click on this link The NDIS Worker Screen Check Info sheet
The NDIS Worker Screening Check costs $119.
As a volunteer working with adults with disability, you are eligible for a fee waiver and do not have to pay the fee.
Steps to apply for the fee waiver:
- Read the NDIS instruction sheet NDIS instruction Volunteer Fee Waiver Feb 2021
- Complete Fee Waiver Application Form Application for fee waiver – Volunteer NDIS Check v3
- Email to: NDISworkerscreening@justice.vic.gov.au
- We have partially completed the Application form and included ‘organisation details’, the ‘reason you are volunteering’ and ‘clicked on the ‘no’ button that are not in paid work elsewhere with Inclusion Melbourne
- Your commencement date is:
- new volunteers – the date you submit your recruitment forms
- existing volunteers – the date you started to volunteer
If you’re not sure please contact your Community Support Coordinator
Steps to apply for an NDIS Worker Screen check
1 . You will receive a reply email advising that your fee waiver application has been assessed by the Director of the NDIS Worker Screening Unit and has been approved.
2. The email will include attachment documents to complete a manual application for a NDIS Workers Screening check
3. Print off and complete all sections of this application form except the payment page and post to the NDIS Worker Screening Unit, including certified proof of identity documentation and evidence of your fee waiver approva
4. Please keep your supervisor or the volunteer management team informed about all your correspondence as we are not able to allow you to continue or commence volunteering until you have the new check.