NDIS Support Coordinator – Part Time
About the Opportunity
Have you always wanted to work with an organisation that challenges existing ideas and practices that limit the lives of people who have a disability? Do you have a passion for seeing people with intellectual disabilities grow and take their place as equal members of their community and have their fundamental human rights respected? If so, then Inclusion Melbourne would like to hear from you.
We are seeking creative, well-organised people with natural leadership and strong teamwork skills to fill an ongoing part time (0.6) position with the opportunity to increase to full time hours. You will need to be highly adaptable, creative, easy going and an excellent communicator. You will apply your enthusiasm, positivity and empathy as you work with people and their families to imagine and build better lives for people with intellectual disabilities.
At Inclusion Melbourne we have a vision for people with intellectual disabilities sharing the benefits of living in the broader community. We want to give people the ability to feel comfortable in the community, recognise their contribution and to help the community welcome and build long-term relationships with them. If you share this vision, we want to hear from you.
As a NDIS Support Coordinator, you will focus on supporting people with disabilities predominately in the West and North areas of Melbourne including but not limited to the LGA’s of Brimbank, Hume Moonee Valley and Maroondah, with the possibility of supporting people in other areas as well. You will support the interface between people with a disability and the broader community. You will have the responsibility to ensure the implementation of participant’s plans and the achievement of their goals.
To achieve these outcomes, you will: –
- Locate, coordinate, manage and or facilitate a range of supports and support providers to meet identified needs
- Connect participants with mainstream and specialists supports
- Coordinate participants’ plans to enable greater independence as well as increased social and economic participation
You will need to have a strong understanding of the NDIS and the role of a NDIS Support Coordinator. You will be based at the Inclusion Melbourne head office in Armadale, however in servicing the position you will be required to work across areas within metropolitan Melbourne.
What we are looking for
• Essential – NDIS Worker Clearance – Submit application via Services Victoria website https://service.vic.gov.au
• Compliance with Inclusion Melbourne’s vaccination requirements
• A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in the disability field
• Experience in Support Coordination, case management or similar role
• Detailed working knowledge of the NDIS and the Support Coordinator role
• A sound understanding of and experience in providing/coordinating inclusive community-based services for people with disabilities
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• A current Victorian driver’s licence and use of a roadworthy vehicle
• Must be eligible to work in Australia
• A deep commitment to supporting people with disabilities to pursue their dreams.
What we can offer you
- Salary is based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 4 (Pay Point Range 1–4) from $39.26 to $42.25. Rate of pay will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Generous salary packaging benefits reduce your taxable income, to increase your take home pay;
- Employee benefits and discount membership, to save on retail and leisure;
- Flexible working;
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive workplace promoting positive culture, wellbeing and access to a qualified mental health first aider;
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
Based at Inclusion Melbourne’s Head Office in Armadale, however the role on occasions requires travel to external meetings. Opportunities for a hybrid work environment can be negotiated.
For further information, please download the Position Description, or contact Carmine Laghi on 0408 407 278
Inclusion Melbourne’s recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety of the people we support. From 1st February 2021, new NDIS worker screening arrangements for the disability sector commenced in Australia. You must obtain a NDIS clearance to work with people with a disability before commencing work.
Visit Service Victoria’s website https://www.service.vic.gov.au/services/national-disability-insurance-scheme for further information and to obtain the mandatory NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination
Successful candidates in this role will be considered “Authorised workers’ and as such will be required to comply with the vaccination guidelines and advice as set out by the Victorian Department of Health and Inclusion Melbourne’s vaccination policy and procedure.
Inclusion Melbourne is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Inclusion Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community.
If you require advice and support with the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
Ph: 0408 407 278
Days & Hours to be negotiated with successful applicant.