Direct Support Professional – Melbourne (All Areas)
About the Opportunity
Do you want to help people achieve their dream life? Are you organised and reliable? We are looking for Disability Support Workers, who can support adults living with Intellectual Disabilities to access their communities. We have an individualised approach to support, as we match our participants to employees; building strong lasting relationships.
You would be working one on one with people and supporting them to achieve their goals, create meaningful relationships, attend educational courses, attend their jobs etc.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Support someone to attend and participate in an educational course
- Support a person while they work or carry out a volunteering role at the local Salvos
- Take a person to a local café to enjoy a coffee together, building relationships of trust and respect for each other and helping then to develop relationships with people in the local community
- Pick the person up from home and take them to their weekly art class
- Utilise your strong literacy and communication skills to record progress notes to monitor how participants are moving towards meeting their goals.
Every person is different, goals and aspirations are different, this makes the direct support role exciting and interesting and more than just a job!
You will have constant support from team members whenever needed.
We have a strong belief that happy, satisfied and supported staff deliver better services. Come join our team and help us build real, meaningful, and desirable lives for the people who honour us by trusting us to hold their dreams.
Do I need Qualifications or Experience?
Qualifications or experience are not necessary; we are looking for individuals with a desire to deliver high quality support, who align with our values to support people to live in inclusive communities.
What we are looking for
- People who are caring, responsible and reliable;
- Deep commitment to supporting people with disabilities to pursue their dreams;
- Strong literacy and communication skills;
- Ability to work with team members to connect people with their local communities;
- Experience in manual handling and assisting people with personal care, or a willingness to learn;
- Current driver’s license and access to a roadworthy insured vehicle.
What we can offer you
- Salary based on the SCHCADs Award, Level 2, $38.08 – $41.54 per hour. Rate of pay will be based on relevant qualifications and experience;
- Commence ASAP;
- Opportunities for progression;
- Generous salary packaging benefits reduce your taxable income, to increase your take home pay;
- Employee benefits and discount membership, to save on retail and leisure;
- Supportive workplace promoting positive culture, wellbeing and access to a qualified mental health first aider and Employee Assistance Program;
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities;
- Support and placement opportunities to complete a Cert IV in Disability.
We have shifts available on a variety of days and hours to suit your work-life balance. General hours of support are Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, however weekend and evening work may also be available.
All support is one to one in the community. Various locations are available throughout multiple regions of Melbourne.
For further information, please download the Position Description, or contact Harvey on 0401 304 439
Inclusion Melbourne’s recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety of the people we support. From 1st February 2021, new NDIS worker screening arrangements for the disability sector commenced in Australia. You must obtain an NDIS worker screening check to work with people with a disability before commencing work, or provide evidence of your application for an NDIS worker screening check. The preferred candidate will also be required to undertake the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission online Worker Orientation training module called ‘Quality, Safety and You’ before attending induction. This is a pre-employment requirement and if not completed, employment will not proceed.
Successful applicants will be required to fulfill the Covid-19 vaccination requirements as assessed appropriate for the role.
An automated email will be sent upon receipt of your application. Please re-submit your application, if the auto reply has not been received
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inclusion Melbourne is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Inclusion Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community
Who to contact
Harvey on 0401 304 439
Monday – Friday 8am-6pm