Community Support (Volunteering) Coordinator
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a full time Community Support Co-ordinator who will be primarily based in our Armadale office with a focus on supporting and managing a caseload of volunteers within the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
The primary objective of this role is to recruit, induct, train and provide ongoing support for volunteers.
The Community Support Coordinator will also play a strong role in promoting and marketing Inclusion Melbourne with a focus on recruitment of NDIS participants and eligible older persons, developing strong relationships with community groups, and facilitating community connections between volunteers and the people we support.
What we are looking for
- A genuine interest in, and commitment to Inclusion Melbourne’s vision, mission and values;
- Previous experience in managing & coordinating volunteers;
- Experience in recruitment, management and retention of volunteers or staff;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including effective stakeholder engagement skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships;
- Experience in marketing, community engagement and workplace training;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and high level of computer literacy;
- Proven team-work skills, the ability to work collaboratively and to undertake independent work and activities where necessary;
- Ability to undertake regular administrative duties associated with the role, maintain relevant data and notes and provide timely reports;
- Current driver’s license and access to a roadworthy insured vehicle
What we can offer you
- Salary is based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 4 (Pay Point Range 1- 4) Rate of pay will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Opportunities for progression;
- Generous salary packaging benefits reduce your taxable income, to increase your take home pay;
- Employee benefits and discount membership, to save on retail and leisure;
- Supportive workplace promoting positive culture, wellbeing and access to a qualified mental health first aider and Employee Assistance Program;
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
Primarily you will be based in our Armadale office with a focus on supporting and managing a caseload of volunteers within the Melbourne Metropolitan area. Your role may include some regional travel.
Inclusion Melbourne offers flexible working arrangements to all staff. You will be required to attend the Armadale office three days a week (Monday and Friday are compulsory days) with a flexible working arrangement for the other 3 days.
Inclusion Melbourne’s recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety of the people we support. You must have an NDIS worker screening clearance check before commencing work. You will also be required to undertake the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission’s free online Worker Orientation Module prior to commencing.
As a part of Inclusion Melbourne’s ongoing commitment to the health and well-being of our clients, staff, volunteers and the community, Inclusion Melbourne requires successful candidates to fulfil the COVID-19 vaccination requirements as assessed appropriate for the role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inclusion Melbourne is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Inclusion Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community.
Who to contact
Manager, Community Support
Telephone: 0412 406 084
Monday to Friday